May 12, 2012: Long Book Night
A long book night at Oranienstraße, Kreuzberg, which is already happening for the 14th time. Unfortunately, the website is completely in German. There are a few Turkish readings, but at the current moment no English ones.
BuC2012 UnConvention: Events already decided
Thursday, May 10, 2012
- Welcome meet-up, starting at about 5 pm, at restaurant Giraffe
- Theme release „books from the fire“, at about 10 pm
In memoration of the infamous book burning of 1933, Bookcrossers collect books both by authors whose books were burnt by the Nazis back then and by authors who are oppressed today, and place them into an empty „BücherBoxX“ (a former phone booth now containing bookshelves).
Friday, May 11, 2012
- in the morning, an excursion to Schloss Sanssouci, Potsdam
- Official reception at 5 pm in the A & O Hotel
- Joint dinner starting at 5 pm in the A & O Hotel; the costs of 8€ per adult participant need to be paid with the registration fee
- evening program starting at 8 pm
Saturday, May 12, 2012
- in the morning, three parallel events
- City rallye (a sort of scavenger hunt through Berlin)
- Geocaching rallye (a Geocaching scavenger hunt)
- A walk through the Berlin Zoo (family program, also good for releasing books)
- 3 pm Boat ride
The zoo tickets will have to be bought separetly.
The boat ride is included in the UnCon tickets, though food and drinks are not included. In advance booking the ship is limited to max. 90 people; if the weather is fine, more passengers are possible.
In addition to the above, the „Long book night“ takes place from noon to 2 am Saturday in Kreuzberg. Unfortunately, it’s likely that most of the readings will be in German.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
- Joint brunch
- Official leave-taking and handing over of prizes